Thursday, June 12, 2014

2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS/Driving

Yesterday, I was in a Chevy for...oh, about fourteen hours driving around. I've seen more of Salt Lake City, UT, than I've ever seen before. We also got a little lost and had to rely on my fabulous sense of direction (seriously, it's crazy) to get us back to where we needed to be. And we ended up somewhere that we knew but it wasn't where we wanted to go because my darling mother didn't listen and turned right when I said to go straight. I'm telling you. I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to directions.
But I also took another first for my driving career. And even though I was panicking because I don't have a lot of driving experience, I managed to drive in a strange city and I didn't get us killed. And I didn't panic because my grandmother is a Nervous Nellie and she's not very comforting when another car is anywhere near ours. Eh, I managed to keep my cool and I only got honked at once because I had no idea where I was going. Oh, well.

This, lovely friends, is the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Here we have a sexy little American car that might as well say "Check out how fast I go!". Its 6.2L V-8 engine produces 426 horsepower, giving it a nice little bit of oomph. Seriously. All that horsepower in a car that can be as low in price as around $33,000. What a gorgeous piece of machinery! I mean, look at it! It just looks fast and it's so sleek and beautiful that it's even making me want one and I am not a fan of Camaros as it is. But man, look at that car.
The only question I have is about the handling. American cars are notorious for terrible cornering capabilities. If this car can turn corners decently, that would pretty much cinch my desire for one. But I figured out why. We build our cars to drive on our roads and streets, which are pretty straight. Reason for that would lie in our history of pioneering behaviour (which across this landmass means a straight route is the fastest one and could mean the difference between life and death). Also, we tend to just go right over things or blast tunnels through them, decreasing the need for curves. No curvy roads means that our cars would be terrible at cornering. Mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment