Thursday, June 26, 2014

After Ever After 2

PAINT, AKA Jon Cozart is one of the greatest YouTube artists ever. He put this thing out...two years ago? called After Ever After. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up. It's great social and political commentary on past events and current events. It basically talks about how the Disney princesses ended in lies. It's brilliant. It's a cappella and all parts are sung by him. The man is so cool. Anyway, the first one is Ariel, Jasmine, Belle, and Pocahontas. I heard that one for the first time in English class of my junior year and about fell out of my chair laughing hysterically because of it. And I have that one pretty much memorized. It's gorgeous.  So funny and so applicable to right now. I can't wait to see what my children think of it.
Anyway, so Jon Cozart put up a sequel. This one has Mulan, Cinderella, Tiana, and Elsa. Holy crap. I'm caught between having my conservative ideals disturbed and laughing hysterically. I love it. I'm trying to get the words memorized just so I can have something else that will hop into my head at inappropriate moments. SWEET!!!!! "Theeeeeey stuck two steel rods in my brain!" That was from the Cinderella part. It's brilliant. Just...Just brilliant. I mean, it's like a social and political commentary mixed with Disney music, quite possibly the best combination ever. And you can definitely see the recent (and not so recent) international events threaded through the Elsa section, which is funny just because I've always wanted to have a story where the main character is a good ruler, does everything right and the country is falling apart because of outside forces so the ruler turns evil to fight against the injustice of what is going on. I know the words "evil" and "fight against injustice" don't usually show up in the same sentence, but neither do "burrito" and "klutzy witch". That's a long story. Actually, it literally is a long story and not the point. The point is how great that song is and how much it isn't flattened and dulled by political correctness. It's on YouTube. Y'all should find it and watch and go "Yup. Americans are crazy." After Ever After 2. There ya go, peeps. And, this way, I have the link forever. Yay!! And I apologize in advance if your sensibilities are offended. But I suppose it could be worse. And it will forever change the way you hear the Disney songs these come from. Under the Sea is one of those that I can't hear without hearing this version. And I have a feeling that I'll Make A Man Out Of You will be another. "I've got the brains and the bite of females plus the brute and the brawn of dudes." Best of both worlds.
No car for today. I'm kinda just not feeling it. Next post will probably feature a Jaguar concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment