Sunday, June 22, 2014

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ/ The actual one on moving

I feel like I've been favoring the sports cars lately in my interests when in all honesty, I'm a truck girl. Now, maybe it's because I did grow up on a farm or maybe it's because trucks are big and I naturally favor big vehicles, but I've always been a truck girl and that will never change. This is not my ideal truck. That one will show up eventually but I want to save the cars that I actually want for special occasions. So I'm going to honor my love of trucks with a Chevy. This is a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ. It's got a 5.3L V8 or a 6.2L V8 and either RWD or AWD. The bodystyle of the truck in this picture is crew cab and I believe standard bed although it could be the short bed. The angle makes it slightly difficult to tell. Americans get too many choices on their trucks. And cars for that matter but it's slightly more irritating in the trucks because really, trucks should have big beds and big room in the cab. That way, there's room for whatever you need, people room, cargo room, whatever. Anyway, the 6.2L V8 gives 420 horsepower and the 5.3L V8 gives up to 355 horsepower. The 5.3L has a 0-60 at around 6.6 seconds and the 6.2L has it at around 6 seconds. And what's really cool about these engines is if there's a light engine load, they don't use four of those 8 cylinders. Which helps with the fuel economy. I get it that it's less common to find a truck in places outside of the US but I still and will always and forever love trucks and it is my ambition in life to have one. Well, one of my ambitions in life. I have several. But being the proud owner of a truck is one of them.

Okay, well, I have mixed feelings about moving. On the one hand, I'm super stoked to be out of Vegas. I mean, seriously, it's a horrible town to live in. And I've found so many cute clothes here that you can't find in Vegas that it's not even funny. Went a little overboard but whatever. It's summer and those clothes are for the Fourth of July. It's our tradition.
But at the same time...I've spent years there. My high school is there, the people that suffered through IB with me are there. The people I'll miss, the actual city itself, I won't. But again, it's strange. I didn't realize that I would miss Vegas until I left and now I find myself feeling vaguely sentimental. Part of it, I think, is because I'm beginning such a big, new chapter of my life and while that is exhilarating, it's also slightly terrifying. My life is officially mine to screw up and there are so many things that I want to do but I'm not sure if I'll be able to and I'm kind of on a time crunch. But I've always enjoyed a challenge once I get to it. I'm just sitting here waiting right now. And I hate waiting more than nearly anything else on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment